The NRA CC is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The NRA may change this policy from time to time by updating this document.
This policy is effective from 30th November 2018.
B. Data Controller and Data Processor for this websiteThe Data Controller and the Data Processor for this website is the Nucleo de Radioamadores da Armada [ Base Naval de Lisboa, 2810-001 Alfeite, Portugal]
C. Data that we collectWe may collect the following information:
- Name, callsign, and membership number of the amateur radio operator (if applicable). <(li>
- Contact information including email address, postal address and telephone numbers.
- Other information relevant to the entry into an amateur radio contest including equipment and antenna details (including output power) and the names and callsigns of individuals operating the station during the contest.
D. What do we do with the information we collectWe will use the information in your log to cross-check your entry against other contest entries and check-logs.
We will score and/or rescore your entry to ensure a common basis for scoring.
We will publish, republish and distribute your score either separately or combined with other entrant's scores by any means including paper and electronic
We may publish your call sign, locator, number of QSOs, score, call sign and distance of your best DX, brief station details (power output and antenna) and comments.
We may publish your name, call sign, soapbox comments, station details and Locator as part of the results of this contest
We will amend, publish, republish, print, and otherwise distribute (by any means including paper or electronic) your entry either in its original format, in any other suitable format with or without modifications including publishing your entry as part of the 'OpenLog' file for this contest
We will use the contact information in your entry to contact you by post, email or telephone if there is an issue with your entry or Claimed Score submission that requires clarification.
We will use the contact information in the entry to contact you by post, email or telephone if you have won an award, trophy or certificate.
E. Legal basis for processing the data we collectWhen your log is accepted as an entry for NRA CC, you are entering into a contact in which we undertake to process the information in your log to create and publish the results of the contest.
The information in your log pertaining to stations that have not submitted a log for the contest is processed on the basis that if this information is not processed, you cannot be credited with these contacts.
Thus, the legal basis for processing contest entries is 'Contractual' and the legal basis for processing the information of those who made contacts in a contest but did not submit a log is 'legitimate Interest'.
F. Contest Entries by persons under the age of sixteen (16)When you submit your log for NRA CC, you should be aged sixteen years old or greater.
If you are under the age of sixteen (16) when you submit your log, you should send your parent or guardian to process your contest entry.
G. SecurityWe are committed to ensuring your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The site does NOT store information for targeted advertising purposes
I. Links to other websitesOur website contains links to other related websites.
However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website and generally these links are opened in a new browser tab.
Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and they are not covered by this privacy statement.
You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
J. Controlling your personal informationWe will not sell your personal information to third parties.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you by the NRA, please write to:
The Data Controller, Nucleo de Radioamadores da Armada, Base Naval de Lisboa, 2810-001 Alfeite, Portugal.
You may request all personal information held about yourself are removed, by contacting us at any time at the above address. It is important to remember that this right is not absolute, and, in some circumstances, we may need to retain your data for a period of time.
Your additional legal rights under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 Of The European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) plus the Corrigendum to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), include:
- the right to erasure, also known as the right to be forgotten. The broad principle underpinning this right is to enable an individual to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing. In some circumstances this is not an absolute right.
- the right to restrict processing. You have the right to 'block' or suppress processing of personal data. Again, this is not an absolute right and will depend on the circumstances and any other legal/statutory obligations the NRA may have.
- right to data portability
- right to object to processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling)
- rights related to automated decision-making including profiling All requests to modify or remove data, to the extent permitted in the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 under the legal basis for processing and storing personal data on this website, will be carried out as soon as possible.
If you believe that any information we are holding is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
K. Data transferOur website and all associated email communications use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
SSL provides a secure channel between two machines or devices operating over the internet or an internal network. This turns the website address from HTTP to HTTPS, the 'S' standing for 'secure'. A 'padlock' indicator confirms https connectivity.